Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET)
Permabit is a recognized leader in data efficiency technology. We enable OEMs to leverage their R&D investment, increase margin, accelerate time to market and achieve competitive advantage. Permabit Albireo software massively improves performance and efficiency of data creation, transmission and storage. Solutions built with Albireo are being delivered by leading hardware, software and service providers.
Permabit is seeking talented Software Engineers to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of all software developed at Permabit. Do you thrive on test-driven development? Are you annoyed by manual processes that could be automated? Do you love building robust and scalable test automation frameworks?
At Permabit, SETs work on the “software behind the software” – the vast array of tooling, frameworks, and automated tests that ensure our customers receive the highest quality software. Our infrastructure, and our dedication to continually improving it, is essential to our ability to innovate.
SETs work closely with product development engineers in small, agile development teams. Development activities performed by SETs include:
- Enlarging the scope of our automated tests
- Improving the efficiency of existing tests
- Simplifying test development
- Enhancing our build and release processes to increase responsiveness to customer issues and requests
- Inventing ways of simulating and verifying complex functionality (for instance, simulating the IO response times of different sorts of Flash arrays, or programmatically generating interesting workloads)
- Finding ways to make better use of our array of test VMs running on Amazon’s EC2 cloud or in our private cloud of performance-centric machines
- Improving our ability to make detailed measurements of our sofware and feed this back into our software design process
- Refactoring product code so that it is more easily tested
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (in lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant working experience)
- 5 + years of relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills in multiple languages, including Python, Perl, C, C++ or Java
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com