Permabit Enterprise Archive™ & Data Storage Solutions
Permabit Enterprise Archive™ is the industry’s most cost–effective, scalable Dedupe storage system capable of archiving petabytes of information. Companies with large pools of static content enjoy reduced primary storage costs by migrating data to Enterprise Archive and relax knowing that Enterprise Archive keeps their data secure long term. Permabit Enterprise Archive applies patented data deduplication technology that performs inline and is scalable across the entire storage subsystem. By optimizing the total storage environment, Permabit delivers a proven storage solution that meets critical IT objectives for secure, long–term data retention at an affordable cost.
Permabit Enterprise Archive meets critical archiving requirements such as extreme cost efficiencies, scalability, security, availability and flexibility. Enabled by storage grid architecture, Permabit Enterprise Archive can scale from 16 TB to 6.9 PB of raw storage capacity, enabling it to manage the massive data requirements of today’s large enterprise environments. Enterprise Archive delivers the most advanced data protection available today with patented RAIN–EC technology, while combining space saving deduplication with multi–petabyte scalability through Permabit’s Scalable Data Reduction™ (SDR).
Included as an integral part of Enterprise Archive’s compliance measures is flexible WORM technology that adapts to regulatory changes and enables in–place Read/Write to WORM volume conversion, an industry first! Enterprise Archive offers flexible replication techniques that allow point–to–point and many–to–one replication for the flexibility to optimize replication to your business needs. An automated health monitoring system anticipates component failures and dispatches corrective maintenance. Technology refresh is also designed in so that advances in performance and capacity are seamlessly integrated without user interruption, making expensive data migrations a thing of the past.
With Permabit Enterprise Archive, companies take advantage of the most advanced, least costly, and most manageable archive solution, so they stay far ahead of the storage cost curve.
Permabit Enterprise Archive is available in two models:
- Data Center Series is the highest–capacity configuration suitable for large enterprises. The base model comes configured with 1 TB drives and has a raw capacity of 48 TB, scalable to 216 TB in a single grid and 6912 TB in a centrally managed pool of storage.
- Business Series is an entry–level configuration designed for the cost–conscience smaller enterprise or remote office. The base model comes with 500 GB drives and has a raw capacity of 16 TB.
The Data Center Series and the Business Series share all the same software. For expansion, Access Modules and Storage Modules can be added to each without restrictions. For example, a Storage Module with 1 TB drives can be added to the Business Series.
Enterprise Archive Key Features:
- Scalable Deduplication: With Permabit’s Scalable Data Reduction™ (SDR) technology, data is deduplicated and compressed at the sub–file level, in real–time, allowing for maximum storage efficiency across the entire storage subsystem without sacrificing performance.
- RAIN–EC Intelligent Recovery™: Enterprise Archive uses RAIN–EC, a patented data protection scheme that is 1,000 times more reliable than RAID 6, designed to support large capacity (multi–terabyte) disk drives with advanced Erasure Coding algorithms.
- Storage Grid: Massively scalable storage grid architecture with SDR and RAIN–EC allows storage to scale to petabytes making it the most scalable, data–reduced archive in the industry.
- Self–Healing: Robust automatic recovery from uncorrectable read errors protects against the most common cause of data loss with RAID and eliminates the need for traditional backup.
- Zero Provisioning: Storage capacity can be added one Storage Module at a time with no manual provisioning and without ever having to take the system down.
- Mix and Match: Today’s storage technology can work with future storage technology without ever having to perform a forklift upgrade.
- Accessibility: Enterprise Archive supports standard NFS and CIFS interfaces. No complex coding is required like other specialized archive platforms.
- Replication Flexibility: Allows disaster protection with Point–to–Point and Many–to–One Replication. WAN performance is optimized by leveraging SDR technology.
- Compliance and Governance: File–level WORM capabilities insure data immutability and enable Read/Write co–mingling in the same systems to increase efficiency and eliminate separate WORM based systems.
- Content Certificates: Designed to provide legal verification that files have not been modified since they were originally created on the system.
- Convert to WORM: A unique capability to convert a Read/Write volume to a WORM volume on–the–fly with no additional hardware or software needed.
- Encryption: Provides federally approved AES cryptographic algorithms for both over–the–wire transmission and data at rest, providing the highest levels of security.
- Snapshots: Built–in snapshot capability allows for scheduled or ad hoc copy–on–write snapshots to be taken. WORM policies can be applied to snapshots to enforce corporate governance requirements.
- Slash primary storage costs by moving massive amounts of static content to the Permabit Enterprise Archive.
- Maximize storage efficiencies through built–in deduplication and compression applied to all archive content for maximum storage efficiency. 50% space savings are typical.
- Utilize high–capacity SATA drives with the reliability of RAIN–EC data protection technology to keep all data safe.
- Transparent expansion and scalability with zero provisioning that eliminates costly data migrations.
- Single storage platform centrally stores and manages both compliance based and general purpose data at a cost substantially less than primary storage.
- Meet current and future regulations requirements with the ability to “Convert to WORM” at any future time.
- Reduces storage management to further reduce total storage costs.
The Permabit Advantage
Find out More
Contact Permabit today to discover how the Permabit Enterprise Archive can help you meet your critical storage and archiving challenges. Call us at 617.252.9600, contact your local Permabit partner, or view our solutions at: www.permabit.com.