Albireo for Data Protection Appliances
Key enabling technologies for disk-based data protection appliances is deduplication and compression. By not storing the same information multiple times, the effective capacity of a data reduced-enabled system can expand significantly. For example, a solution that achieves a 20X data reduction ratio can store 100 TB of data in just 5 TB of physical capacity. When deployed within inexpensive disk systems, data optimization moves the cost of disk even closer to that of tape offerings.
Albireo delivers advances in data optimization technology that enable vendors to deliver faster and more scalable data optimization than ever before, without requiring a substantial increase in hardware resources. Albireo SDK and VDO enables scale-out well beyond the petabyte level. Its memory-based indexing and collision-free hashing, delivered in microseconds, enables the backup performance levels needed for today’s multi-petabyte data stores. In addition, Albireo REPLICA can be used to provide source-based deduplication capabilities that enhance performance and reduce network bandwidth requirements. With Albireo SDK or VDO , data can be backed up in real time, while delivering immediate in-line space savings and addressing performance requirements. Applying Albireo in data protection appliances delivers more resource-efficient backup that scales to meet the needs of today’s enterprise data protection stores.
- Reduces deduplication resource requirements
- Lowers customers’ cost of data protection cycles
- Reduces the manpower and resource load of backup
- Delivers real-time efficiency
- Delivers enterprise-class inline performance
- Offers resource-efficient, massively scalable indexing
- Provides bandwidth optimization without the traditionally associated overhead
- Reduces deduplication memory requirements by over 90%
- Increases efficiency by reducing the effective cost per GB stored
Applicable Permabit Software
- High Performance Index Engine
- Hard Disk Optimized Deduplication
- Content-Aware Segmentation