Permabit Ends Year Strongly with an Eye Towards an Even More Successful 2016
CAMBRIDGE, Mass – December 14, 2015 – Permabit Technology Corporation, the recognized leader in data reduction technology, today recapped another successful operational year, marked by increasing its partner, distribution and reseller relationships, extending its IP portfolio, earning EMC E-Lab qualification, and expanding its executive leadership team with a proven industry sales leader.
Permabit added several new partners to its existing portfolio of announced partners – Hitachi Data Systems, EMC, NetApp, and IBM – that have delivered over 12,000 Albireo-enabled solutions to the storage market, positioning the company as the industry leader in data reduction technology. In 2015, Permabit saw its leading inline deduplication, compression and thin provisioning technologies integrated into a variety of new solutions by leading storage providers, distributors and resellers:
- BITMICRO – will use Permabit Virtual Data Optimizer (VDO) with its MaxIO storage arrays to deliver cost-effective data reduction with massive scale and performance.
- NEC – will be providing Permabit data reduction to lower the effective cost of its advanced, enterprise-ready M-Series SAN storage systems.
- Saratoga Speed – will be adding VDO to its new uniquely designed all flash array product, built atop a fully featured operating system, and providing a suite of software services with rapid time to market.
- Sihua Tech – will be embedding VDO into its newly-announced Kaixiang Flash Storage Array, allowing the company to get to market quickly with must-have, industry-leading data reduction capabilities.
To meet the increased demand for data reduction solutions, Permabit signed a record number of channel distribution and reseller partners who will bring the Albireo SANblox™ appliance to IT marketplaces around the world.
- Arrow Electronics is distributing SANblox combined with IBM storage technology, enabling customers to store their most critical data cost effectively on the highest-performing tiers of storage, including the IBM FlashSystem 900 and FlashSystem V9000. The SANblox appliance minimizes hurdles to installation with field-tested certification, ensuring customers have the ideal solution for their specific business cases.
- Avnet, Inc. will offer Permabit SANblox through their vast worldwide distribution network of leading VARs. Avnet will be delivering the SANblox field-tested data reduction solution with IBM Flashsystem 900 and FlashSystem V9000, enabling their customers to accelerate time to value as a result of SANblox’s quick installation and industry-leading capacity optimization capabilities.
- Resellers signed this past year include: InfoSystems Inc., Mainline Information Systems Inc., Sirius Computer Solutions, thinkASG, and Micro Strategies, Inc.
Technical innovation through continued patent-winning design is a key differentiator in Permabit’s ability to deliver data reduction solutions that uniquely provide performance, scale, resource efficiency and portability across a wide range of storage platforms and architectures. And, in 2015, Permabit added four new patents to its portfolio of storage technology innovations, bringing the total number of patents issued since company inception to 37. The company also announced the 5.2 release of its Virtual Data Optimizer software. VDO 5.2 offers support for open source industry leader Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7) and adds further enhancements to the product’s industry-leading performance and resource efficiency metrics.
Permabit was pleased to announce that SANblox had been tested, qualified and approved for use with EMC VMAX® and VNX® storage arrays by EMC E-Lab the industry’s premier interoperability and new technology testing lab. This rigorous testing is the industry gold standard for server networking and storage interoperability. When combined with leading EMC storage solutions, SANblox increases capacity, improves effective cost and accelerates performance for mission-critical data. SANblox is available for purchase through EMC select and is also available to educational institutions and government agencies through EMC’s licensing agreement with the Western States Contracting Alliance and National Association of State Procurement Officials (WSCA/NASPO).
In July, Permabit hired a new vice president of sales to develop programs that accelerate the delivery of the company’s data reduction solutions through the aforementioned reseller and distributor channels. Scott Skidmore, a 20-year veteran of the technology industry, came to Permabit to manage the overall sales organization, including distribution channel and supply chain, and to initiate new VAR relationships. His efforts are leading to additional penetration
of SANblox and Albireo deeper into the marketplace.
“Analysts predict that all enterprise storage systems must incorporate inline data reduction technologies by 2016 to be competitive,” said Tom Cook, Permabit CEO. “Permabit has spent the last 12 months seeing that enterprises will be positioned to meet this mandate, by refining our patented data reduction solutions to ensure that they are the fastest, most scalable and most resource-efficient options in the world. And, we continue to put the best people in roles that will help get these solutions to market quickly, allowing customers to gain that necessary competitive edge. We are pleased with our successes in 2015 and anticipate that next year will be our strongest yet.”
Permabit pioneers development of data reduction technologies. Our innovative data deduplication, compression and thin provisioning products enable the world’s leading storage OEMs to cut effective cost, accelerate performance, reduce time to market and gain competitive advantage. Just as server virtualization revolutionized the economics of compute, our data reduction technologies are transforming storage economics, today.
Permabit is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with operations in California, Texas, Florida, Korea and Japan. For more information, visit www.permabit.com.